Mary’s Center (maryscenter.org) provides health care, education and social services to more than 40,000 people throughout the D.C. metro region. It uses a multipronged approach to help participants access individualized services that set them on the path toward good health, stable families and economic independence.
Headquartered: Silver Spring and Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 pays for a complete dental visit.
• $1,000 covers 20 school counseling visits with a mental health provider.
• $10,000 pays for complete prenatal care for nine months for three moms.
• One day: Volunteer at special events, such as the annual Noche Tropical gala, holiday drives, a golf tournament and the Taste of Adams Morgan.
• Weekly: Volunteer to tutor or read to young children.