Washington Revels (www.revelsdc.org) is a multigenerational community that celebrates traditional music, dance, drama and story from diverse cultures and eras, engaging more than 250 performers (professional and nonprofessional) plus hundreds of volunteers. In 2015, the Revels presented 50-plus programs, including The Christmas Revels (seen by 10,000 every year), May Revels, after-school workshops, concerts, pub sings, monthly community sings and parades.
Serves: Metro region, with an emphasis on Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $300 offers one child a scholarship for a 10-week after-school workshop.
• $1,000 provides a performance by one of the Revels’ ensembles to an organization that could not otherwise afford the fee.
• $10,000 enables a person or organization to be the premium sponsor of one of the eight Christmas Revels performances, which includes promotion connected with all shows.
• One day: Volunteer at May Revels or The Christmas Revels, deliver fliers to schools or help in the office.
• Monthly or longer-term: Help with productions, costumes, marketing, education programs, event planning or development.
• Student Service Learning hours