The Tree House Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County (www.treehousemd.org) serves child and adolescent victims of sexual/physical abuse and neglect and their non-offending family members. This public-private partnership between the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services and the Primary Care Coalition of Montgomery County provides an array of integrated services, including medical evaluations, mental health assessments and treatment, forensic interviews and victim advocacy in a safe, child-focused and central location. The center supports more than 800 individuals annually in the county through collaborative efforts with child welfare social workers, police, county and state’s attorney’s offices, and other community providers.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides HIV prophylaxis or five hours of trauma therapy for a child.
• $1,000 provides a full medical exam and psychological evaluation for a child.
• $10,000 hires and trains an additional trauma specialist to serve victims of abuse.
• One Day: Volunteer at the Tree House Tour de Cookie.
• One Day: Organize community/school collection of snacks or other supplies needed for children and/or families who come to The Tree House.
• Student Service Learning hours