Teen and Young Adult Health Connection Program of CCI Health & Wellness Services (CCI-TAYA) (www.cciweb.org/family.html) is a reproductive healthcare program working to prevent unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among teens and young adults from ages 12 to 35. It provides low-cost, high quality, bilingual care through annual gynecological exams, birth control services and STI testing, treatment and counseling. Last year alone, CCI-TAYA served more than 3,000 patients with clinical services on-site, and more than 5,000 people in the community through health fairs, community meetings and youth and parent workshops.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides one interactive workshop to teach 25 teens and young adults about reproductive health.
• $1,000 provides one year of birth control for 10 young women.
• $10,000 provides 65 annual comprehensive gynecological visits (including birth control counseling and screenings for breast and cervical cancer and STIs).
• One day: Host a community forum for adults to learn how to talk with their kids about reproductive health.
• Ongoing: Medical providers can donate time and services to provide care to uninsured patients.
• Student Service Learning hours