St. Joseph’s House
St. Joseph’s House (www.saintjosephshouse.net) serves children and teens with intellectual and developmental disabilities, offering home-based care before and after school and throughout the summer. SJH allows parents to hold their jobs, and provides a forum where families find support and steadfast friendship. In 33 years, SJH has served more than 40 families.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $150 provides five new educational or therapeutic toys for children.
• $1,000 covers attendance at a 10-week summer program for two children.
• $10,000 covers installation of a new wheelchair lift in the center’s van.
• One day: Assist youths as they sell coffee and pastries through the job skill-building café program.
• Ongoing: Help facilitate field trips, crafts and games after school or during the summer.
• Student Service Learning hours