Shepherd’s Table (www.shepherdstable.org) serves more than 2,400 homeless individuals in Montgomery County every year, providing meals, clothing, a mailing address, prescription assistance, information and referrals, as well as other social services. The bimonthly eye clinic provides vision screenings and prescription eyeglasses for the uninsured.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides prescription eyeglasses for five low-income, uninsured adults.
• $1,000 provides medical prescription assistance for 17 individuals.
• $10,000 covers 2,000 meals.
• One day: Prepare and serve a nutritious meal.
• One day: Sort donations in the Clothing Closet.
• Student Service Learning hours