Red Wiggler Community Farm (www.redwiggler.org) employs adults with developmental disabilities on its certified organic farm. Annually, more than 1,200 people, with and without developmental disabilities, harvest more than 34,000 pounds of organic produce, 30 percent of which is distributed to low-income people in Montgomery County.
Serves: Primarily Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides one delivery of fresh vegetables to 10 group homes for adults with disabilities.
• $1,000 provides ergonomic hand tools for growers and volunteers.
• $10,000 supports winter greenhouse programming for 50 youths.
• One day or weekly: Volunteer on the farm (must be at least 12 years old).
• Student Service Learning hours