Rebuilding Together Montgomery County (www.rebuildingtogethermc.org) provides free home repairs, accessibility modifications and energy efficiency improvements for vulnerable seniors, individuals with disabilities, veterans and low-income families with children to enable them to remain in their homes.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides handrails and grab bars for a frail senior.
• $1,000 secures a working stove and new hot water heater for a single veteran.
• $10,000 replaces a leaking roof, remediates damage caused by mold and prevents structural hazards that threaten to make a home unlivable.
• One day: Join a volunteer team providing home repairs to a family in need.
• Student Service Learning hours