Rainbow Place (www.rainbowplace.org) is an emergency winter shelter for women open from November through March. Besides shelter, residents receive counseling, onsite case management, three meals daily and limited clothing, toiletries, storage space and bus tokens. Shower and laundry facilities are available.
Serves: Montomgery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides bus tokens needed to travel to medical appointments, job interviews or work sites.
• $1,000 covers the cost of a one-month stay.
• $10,000 allows for an on-site therapist two nights a week.
• One day or ongoing: Multiple volunteer opportunities from serving food to planning events.
• Student Service Learning hours