Nourish Now (www.nourishnow.org) works to solve two major social issues simultaneously: food waste and hunger. Food is recovered from approximately 130 restaurants, caterers, cafeterias and additional food-licensed partners. Recovered food is then donated directly to 500-plus families and 60-plus local organizations on a monthly basis.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides a five-day supply of food for 30 families.
• $1,000 provides three months of healthy snacks and meals to at-risk youth through Nourish Now’s Montgomery County Public Schools distribution program.
• $10,000 covers a new walk-in freezer, increasing storage capacity by 3,000 pounds weekly.
• One day: Clean produce and repackage meals.
• One day: Host or run a canned food drive.
• Student Service Learning hours