Montgomery Philharmonic (www.montgomeryphilharmonic.org) is a community orchestra that provides classical orchestral music performances and educational programming. MP performs five concerts per year, including a Celebrate Youth concert featuring Montgomery County middle and high school students and middle school concerto competition winners. The group also provides adult master classes with members of the Baltimore and National symphony orchestras, and hosts sight-reading sessions and a youth chamber music festival in the summer.
Serves: Metro region and surrounding areas
What a donation buys:
• $350 underwrites the fee for a BSO or NSO member to conduct a master class that is open to the public.
• $500 pays for music rental for one work to be played during a concert.
• $4,000 covers the purchase of a celeste (an instrument).
• One day: Help with setting up or taking down a performance space.
• Ongoing: Become a community board member, attending about five meetings per year.
• Student Service Learning hours