Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (www.mcch.net) supports 1,600 men, women and children annually in emergency shelters and permanent housing, creating a community where everyone has a safe, stable and affordable place to call home.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides a month of after-school care for formerly homeless children.
• $1,000 provides a month of psychiatric support for two homeless veterans.
• $10,000 provides a month of meals to 200 homeless men while they connect to services they need to move on to stable housing.
• One day: Organize a collection drive for household items, hygiene products or holiday gifts.
• Weekly/monthly: Prepare and deliver meals for clients of the emergency shelter.
• Student Service Learning hours