Montgomery College Foundation—Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success (ACES) (www.montgomerycollege.edu/aces) is a collaboration among Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery College and the Universities at Shady Grove that aims to increase college enrollment and completion among students underrepresented in higher education. The program provides academic coaching, interventions and support to 1,700 students while they are enrolled in the three institutions.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers a college tour for 10 students.
• $1,000 covers three staff training sessions.
• $10,000 provides scholarships for 10 students.
• One day: Share your career story as a guest speaker, serve as a mock interviewer or provide essay/résumé writing support.
• Ongoing: Hire an intern at your company.
• Student Service Learning hours