Liberty’s Promise (www.libertyspromise.org) engages first-generation and immigrant youths through a program that includes civic/community engagement, career and college readiness, and an internship that places teens in government agencies, small businesses or nonprofit organizations. Liberty’s Promise serves at least 320 Montgomery County youths annually.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers meals for 30 youths at six program sessions.
• $1,000 pays for the Metro fares for 120 youths to tour key Washington, D.C., sites.
• $10,000 supports 12 teens in internships during the summer.
• One day: Work with a student to create a résumé and cover letter.
• One afternoon: Present to the after-school program on topics such as college, careers, financial literacy, workplace etiquette and community service.
• Student Service Learning hours