Levine Music (www.levinemusic.org) provides music education for more than 3,500 students weekly and is open to all regardless of age, ability or means. Faculty artists offer instruction on more than 20 instruments and voice. The Levine Presents series showcases faculty in free or inexpensive concerts, and more than 650 children receive free or subsidized instruction. The group’s fifth and newest campus opened in the Silver Spring branch of Montgomery County Public Libraries in fall 2016.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers one semester of early childhood music instruction for one student at Levine’s Southeast D.C. campus at THEARC.
• $1,000 provides one child with 13 individual music therapy sessions.
• $10,000 covers the cost for five high school students to receive a year of musical theater training and to participate in productions as part of Act Two at Levine.
• One day: Welcome, direct and assist visitors at performances and special functions.
• Weekly: Provide support to staff and work on special projects.
• Student Service Learning hours