Identity (www.identity-youth.org) creates opportunities for more than 3,000 Latino youths and their families living in high-poverty areas who are at risk for poor academic and life outcomes. It supports clients’ successful transition to adulthood by providing school and community-based services that develop academic, social, emotional and workforce skills.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides one month of healthy snacks for 30 struggling students in Identity’s after-school programs.
• $1,000 covers 20 hours of mental health counseling for youths recovering from trauma.
• $10,000 funds one year of English as a Second Language classes for 15 disconnected young adults.
• Weekly: Mentor a youth in Identity’s workforce development program.
• Occasional: Judge Identity’s biannual Shark Tank Competition for budding young entrepreneurs.