Housing Unlimited (www.housingunlimited.org) provides 180 individuals with affordable homes at 64 fully furnished properties. The organization empowers people in mental health recovery to live on their own and learn the skills they need to be successful and confident.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides pots, pans, plates and tools for a new home.
• $1,000 covers living room furnishings for a new townhome.
• $10,000 supports an AmeriCorps intern to help serve 175 residents.
• One day: Help landscape or mulch a yard.
• Weekly: Provide administrative assistance at the Housing Unlimited office.
• Student Service Learning hours