Glen Echo Pottery (www.glenechopottery.com) teaches ceramics in a relaxed but creatively serious environment accessible to everyone from beginners to experienced clay students. Located in Glen Echo Park, the organization offers year-round classes for adults and teens. On weekends, pottery demonstrations and exhibits in the group’s gallery are free and open to the public.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides one six-week pottery class for a low-income art student, including tuition, materials, tools and firing fees, and possible transportation stipend.
• $500 provides art supplies and instruction for a group of low-income youths participating in the ceramics component of a summer outreach program in Glen Echo Park.
• $1,000 provides a six-week pottery class for four low-income art students, including tuition, materials, tools and firing fees, and possible transportation stipend.
• One day: Help with the annual “seconds sale” fundraiser.
• One day or ongoing: Tend a public garden maintained by Glen Echo Pottery.