Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, MD (www.girlsontherunofmoco.org) provides a positive youth development program which incorporate running to more than 130 schools throughout Montgomery County. Its fun, experience-based curriculum integrates running into a program that seeks to inspire girls to be healthy and confident. The program culminates with the girls completing a 5K running event that builds confidence, competence, connection, character, caring and community.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides curriculum for 20 teams.
• $1,000 provides new running shoes for 25 girls, allowing them to participate.
• $10,000 covers program scholarships for 60 girls.
• Weekly: Serve as a volunteer coach twice a week during the 10-week sessions in the fall or spring.
• One-time: Support the celebratory 5K Fun Run in the spring or fall.
• Student Service Learning hours