Docs In Progress (www.docsinprogress.org) is an incubator for aspiring and emerging documentary filmmakers. Programs include video production workshops for adults, youths and nonprofit organizations; public screening programs in Takoma Park and Washington, D.C.; artist services for established documentary filmmakers; and Community Stories, a festival that spotlights local stories.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 sponsors a screening where emerging filmmakers can get feedback on their works-in-progress from a real audience.
• $500 sponsors one night of Community Stories Festival, where local residents can engage with the stories of local people, places, happenings and history as told by local filmmakers.
• $1,000 provides a spot in a two-week summer youth video production camp for one student.
• One day: Assist with special events, or be a photographer or videographer at programs.
• Ongoing: Support fundraising, marketing or outreach efforts.