Community Ministries of Rockville (CMR) (www.cmrocks.org) provides crucial services to the most vulnerable Montgomery County residents: health clinic for the low-income uninsured; assistance for seniors aging in place; financial assistance to stop eviction and utility termination; English language and citizenship classes; and supportive housing for the homeless working toward self-sufficiency.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 pays for a patient visit and lab work at CMR's Health Clinic.
• $1,000 helps a working family in crisis prevent eviction.
• $10,000 covers three low-income seniors’ homecare services for one year.
• One day: Cook a meal for residents of CMR’s Housing Program; coordinate a cleaning supply drive.
• Weekly: Help with client Intake at Rockville Emergency Assistance Program; be a friendly caller/visitor for Elderly Ministries Program.
• Student Service Learning hours