Capital Area Asset Builders (www.caab.org) empowers low- and moderate-income families to take control of their finances, increase their savings and build wealth for a better future. Through Individual Development Accounts, CAAB provides $3 for every $1 each family saves. Once the participant saves up to $1,000, the money can be used toward post-secondary education, starting or enhancing a small business, or providing a down payment on a first home.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides class materials for one financial education class.
• $1,000 enables 10 additional families to take the financial education class.
• $10,000 provides one year of financial coaching at a community-based organization.
• One day: Help facilitate a financial education class.
• Weekly: Educate residents about the Earned Income Tax Credit and other benefits during tax season.