CASA (www.wearecasa.org) works to improve the quality of life in immigrant communities. For its 80,000-plus members, CASA provides job placement, vocational training, instruction in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), citizenship assistance and other critical legal, social and health services.
Serves: Maryland and Northern Virginia
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides training in heating and air conditioning repair, building maintenance or computer repair.
• $1,000 provides 12 weeks of ESOL instruction to seven low-income immigrants.
• $10,000 supports equipment for CASA’s job training program such as drills, saws, small tools, computers and tablets.
• Weekly: Serve as a mentor to immigrants studying to take the citizenship exam.
• Monthly: Assist youths applying for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
• Student Service Learning hours