Ayuda (www.ayuda.com) secures justice for low-income immigrants. It offers legal, social and language access services to women, men and children who face barriers to succeeding and thriving in the U.S. It helps immigrants victimized by human trafficking, domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, a complex immigration system, notario fraud and language isolation.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $150 covers legal consult for one immigrant.
• $2,500 covers legal representation for domestic violence/sexual assault victims.
• $10,000 helps to rebuild a trafficking victim’s life.
• Ongoing: Assist clients as legal and social services fellows and interns.
• Weekly or long term: Work in fundraising, communication or administration
• Student Service Learning hours