Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center (www.apalrc.org/dp) is a legal services organization serving low-income Asian and Pacific Islander immigrants in the region who have limited English proficiency. Through individual legal representation, community legal education and advocacy, the APALRC ensures that Asian Americans can access the legal system despite language and financial barriers. In 2013, the APALRC handled more than 750 cases covering a broad spectrum of legal issues.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers the cost of printing and distributing 500 informational brochures to crime victims to inform them of their rights.
• $1,000 covers the cost of two weekly intake sessions to make legal services accessible by Asian immigrants.
• $10,000 covers the cost of 40 hours of legal services.
• One day: Volunteer at a community legal education workshop or legal clinic.
• Weekly: Provide intake help on the legal help line, disseminate information to crime victims and/or develop outreach materials.
• Student Service Learning hours