Arts on the Block (artsontheblock.com) empowers creative youth to imagine and shape fulfilling futures and contribute to the quality of life in their communities. AOB provides real-world experiences in the arts, educational guidance and entrepreneurial training geared to their unique capabilities.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $100 purchases artist journals for 12 high school-aged Apprentice Artists.
• $500 trains 20 Apprentice Artists to write a dynamite résumé and “ace” an interview.
• $1,000 sponsors a creative high school student’s participation in AOB’s arts apprenticeship program for one season.
• One day or one week: Work on special projects to boost AOB’s organizational efficiency.
• One-month term: Develop an inventory system for equipment and supplies.
• Student Service Learning hours