Marketing and Events Manager
Bethesda Magazine is looking for a dynamic and skilled marketing and events professional to join its growing team. The Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for all consumer-facing marketing and promotion, and for organizing and managing events that Bethesda Magazine puts on and participates in.
- Using all media platforms, the Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for:
- Marketing for magazine subscription sales and renewals
- Marketing for Bethesda Beat and BethesdaMagazine.com
- Marketing for events
- Marketing and management of reader contests and surveys, including the Best of Bethesda Readers’ Poll, Green Awards, Writing Contest, Weddings of the Year, Extraordinary Teens and reader surveys. Includes follow up with winners, runners up and non-winners
- Promotion of Giveaways
- Consumer-focused and event-related social media
- Coordinating barter deals with non-profit partners
- Planning, organizing and managing all Bethesda Magazine-sponsored events, including Best of Bethesda Party, Bethesda Magazine Restaurant Week, advertiser happy hours, advertiser seminars
- Working with the Publisher to develop and plan new events
- Planning, organizing and managing all third-party events that Bethesda Magazine participates in, such as Taste of Bethesda, the art festivals and Imagination Bethesda, County Executive’s Ball and Montgomery County Business Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Coordinating involvement in events that Bethesda Magazine sponsors but does not participate in, such as Autism Speaks 5K
- Identifying, negotiating with and managing event venues, vendors and partners.
- The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years’ experience in a consumer-facing marketing and events position
- Be a good copywriter
- Have design skills and experience
- Be experienced and skilled with Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Have professional experience using social media (Facebook in particular)
- Be an experienced and skilled user of email programs (e.g., Constant Contact, Emma)
- Have professional experience managing mailing and email lists
- Be able to multi-task
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be hardworking and collaborative
The job is based in Bethesda Magazine’s office in downtown Bethesda. The office is located just a few blocks from the Bethesda Metro stop.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Steve Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org.