Fire Strikes Commercial Building in North Bethesda

The blaze broke out at the Delnor Center building Wednesday morning


Published:

Crews work at the scene of a Wednesday morning fire in North Bethesda

Pete Piringer, via @mcfrspio on Twitter

More than 50 firefighters responded to the scene of a fire Wednesday morning at a low-rise commercial building in North Bethesda, according to fire department spokesman Pete Piringer.

The fire broke out around 7:40 a.m. at the Delnor Center building in the 12100 block of Nebel Street. The building houses a plumbing store, a bath and kitchen outlet and other small retailers. The fire was extinguished around 8 a.m. and no one was injured, according to Piringer.

Piringer said via his Twitter account the “apparent electrical fire” started in an electrical room and was largely contained to the lower level room. The fire knocked out utilities to a number of tenants and Nebel Street was closed near the building for a few hours while firefighters worked at the scene. 

Back to Bethesda Beat

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags

Archive »Related Articles

Police Say Missing Bethesda Man Has Been Found Safe

Authorities, family members had been searching for the 21-year-old for days

Police Release Identifies of Two Women Fatally Struck by Train in Germantown

One woman was from Gaithersburg, the other did not have a confirmed address

Two Women Die in Train Collision in Germantown

Conductor sounded horn and applied brakes, police say

County Police Charge Two More in Ongoing Massage Parlor Investigation

Women face human-trafficking and prostitution charges related to Rockville business
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module
Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Profiles

Your Guides to Leading
Local Professionals

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Edit Module