Freezer Malfunction Causes Fire in Rockville Home

Medics evaluated two occupants who got out


Published:

Via Pete Piringer

A freezer malfunction in the basement of a Rockville home caused a fire Tuesday afternoon, according to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service.

Two occupants got out of the house and were evaluated by medics on the scene, MCFRS spokesman Pete Piringer wrote on Twitter.

Smoke was visible coming from the roof of a house on the 6900 block of Old Stage Road at about noon, according to Piringer. Firefighters extinguished the fire by about 12:45 p.m.

The fire was considered likely electrical in origin. It caused about $300,000 in damages.

Back to Bethesda Beat

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags

Archive »Related Articles

Montgomery County Police Are Warning Residents About a Speed Camera Email Scam

Department only notifies violators by postal mail

Politics Roundup: Floreen’s Critics Dig Up Facebook Post Reprimanding Third-Party Voters Who Gave Trump the Election

Plus: Ashman crosses party lines to endorse Hogan; Riemer declares his support for Elrich as Democratic county exec nominee

Small Bites: Slapfish To Offer Free Lobster Rolls for July 20 Grand Opening

Plus: Bethesda’s Q By Chang hosts Hubei tasting dinner; Jaleo offers cooking classes

Police Hope 8-Ball Decal Will Aid Investigation Into Fatal Hit-and-Run

Investigators seek information about two cars they believe struck man who died along Georgia Avenue
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module
Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Profiles

Your Guides to Leading
Local Professionals

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Edit Module