Five Displaced by Aspen Hill Fire

Combustibles too close to electronics cited as reason


Published:

Aspen Hill Road

Via Google Maps

A fire broke out in an Aspen Hill house early Sunday morning, displacing five adults, according to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services.

The fire originated in a basement bedroom in the 4200 block of Aspen Hill Road before 5:30 a.m., MCFRS spokesman Pete Piringer wrote on Twitter. A man living there woke up to find the fire and alerted others in the house, allowing them all to get out safely.

Piringer wrote that the fire was the result of combustibles too close to electronics. It caused about $350,000 in damages.

Back to Bethesda Beat

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags

Archive »Related Articles

County Police Arrest Man Who Allegedly Raped Woman at Gunpoint in 2010

Law enforcement tied his DNA to Gaithersburg scene after he was arrested in Virginia

Brothers Behind Chevy Chase Supermarket Open Corner Market and Pharmacy in Rockville

The 3,000-square-foot store sells food, produce and home supplies

Tree Falls, Strikes Vehicle on I-270 Northbound

Some lanes were blocked Friday afternoon while emergency crews cleared the scene

R Family Kitchen & Bar Is Closing in Downtown Bethesda

Owners will convert space into expansion for 202 Donuts & Coffee
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module
Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Profiles

Your Guides to Leading
Local Professionals

Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Edit Module